From Martha Stewart. If you’re having a dinner party, this is the perfect appetizer or main dish for those who love fish, especially mussels! It’s also great for a romantic dinner in. So easy to prepare, and under 30 minutes! Try getting your fresh mussels from Sierra Seafood Specialties, 40134 Enterprise Drive, in Oakhurst.
Mussels in White Wine Sauce
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 2 Large Shallot Finely chopped
- 3 Clove Garlic Finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 lb Mussels in the Shell
- 2 TB Mixed Fresh Herbs Parsley, Chervil, or Basil, Chopped
- 4 TB butter cut into pieces
- 1 Med Tomato Coarsely chopped
- Rinse and scrib mussels under cold running water. Using your fingers or a paring knife remove beards (strings that hang from the mussels' shells) and discard
- In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, shallot, garlic, and salt. Simmer 5 minutes. Add tomatoes.
- Add mussels, cover and increase heat to high. Cook until all mussels are open, about 5 MINUTES! Stir in herbs and butter.
- Remove from heat. Divide mussels among four bowls, and cover with broth. Serve immediately.