Every time I order groceries with Raley’s eCart, I think “why don’t I do this all the time?” Well, because I don’t remember how smooth the process is, and sometimes going to the beautiful, well-lit store is an experience in itself.
However I find that ordering through the eCart is super-easy to navigate and has some advantages of its own.
Here are five off the top of my head:
- The online search helps you find products that you wouldn’t necessarily see by browsing the shelves. They also have an icon system that indicates if a product is on sale, kosher, vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan! You can review your past orders–both online and in-store– to see what brands you’ve previously purchased. They also give you exclusive online coupons and deals.
- You don’t have to go into the store. Just park in a designated eCart parking spot and call or text them that you’ve arrived. The Raley’s eCart attendant comes out in minutes and helps load your car. You don’t have to worry about running into people you know if you’re in a mood or don’t want to change out of those old, torn sweatpants!
- You can pay online, which also speeds up the process. It will even save your credit card, if you choose to store it. You can also store your Something Extra number and keep track of your points.
- Using this service is free if you order over $100 of groceries, and only $5.95 if your order is under $100. For me, spending $6 is sometimes worth not having to fight the crowds in-store–especially during tourist season! The entire process takes a couple of minutes.
- Last but not least: you won’t be tempted to buy more than you need. You know, those impulse buys like that bag of chips or the magazine that cries “YOU NEED TO SEE WHO THE BACHELOR’S DATING NOW!” It will actually save you money in the long run and you’ll avoid that all-too-familiar receipt shock. You know exactly how much is in your cart and what the total will be, giving you a chance to adjust it.
So next time you have to pick up a few items–or do your weekly shopping–try the eCart and let me know what you think! Start here: https://shop.raleys.com